Home | Consulting | Presentations | Writing
Peter Van Dijck.
Belgian product geek, living in Colombia.
Get in touch.
Peter Van Dijck is a renowned information architect and author of the book “Information architecture for designers”. He has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Rolling Stone Magazine, and is a regular speaker at industry conferences. He founded two startups and lives in Medellin, Colombia.
- 2015 General Manager of Huge Inc, Medellin, Colombia.
- 2014 Founder and CEO of Craft Inc, Colombia.
- 2012 General Manager Digital Entertaniment, AMI, NYC.
- 2012 UX Lead at Isis, mobile wallet, NYC.
- 2011 Founder, Gush (photo cloud), NYC.
- 2009 - 2010 VP Global User Experience, Fox Mobile, NYC.
- 2008 Senior Information Architect, Internet architects, Antwerp, Belgium.
- 2004 - 2007 Founder, Mefeedia (video aggregation), NYC.
- 2005 - 2007 Independent Information Architecture Consultant, NYC.
- 2002 - 2004 Information Architect Leadership Team, LDS, NJ, USA.
- 2000 - 2002 Lead Information Architect, Vardus, London.
- 1998-2000 Traveling, South America.
- 1990-1995 Masters in Photography, Belgium.
- Raising multilingual kids - a blog about raising kids in more than 1 language (closed).
- Poorbuthappy.com A social site for travelers (now closed).
- Mefeedia. I founded Mefeedia, a popular media feeds aggregator as a part of my involvement in the videoblogging world. I sold it in 2007.
- Colombia Migration Project. The Colombia Migration Project was a videoblogging/ethnography project about migration.
- Videoblogging list. I started the popular videoblogging mailing list together with Jay Dedman in 2004.
- Book. I wrote the book "Information architecture for designers".
- XFML. I developed XFML, an XML specification to share faceted classification systems.
- Faceted classification. I started the now defunct faceted classification mailing list.
- IA translation. I started the volunteer-run translations group at the Information Architecture Institute.